Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Christmas Tree

November 20, 2010
Yes, it is still before Thanksgiving, but I have already started to decorate for Christmas.  My husband has even already put up the lights on the house.  Thus, the yearly question of "Can we have a real Christmas tree?" is asked.  Usually  the oldest one, Justin (15), is the one asking.  Brook, my husband, last year did say he would think about it.  Well, the answer is again "no."  Brook is a paramedic, enough said.  He really tolerates so much from me and the boys, that his rules are few and far between.  So, to appease Justin I did go ahead buy a tree.  I came home, Justin was asleep on the couch, I woke him up to tell him I had bought a Christmas tree.  And he was so excited until he saw the rosemary tree I bought from whole foods.  I think it is a real tree.  It is cute, adds so much to the table, and mmmmm, the smell.  Love rosemary!!!  Justin's facial expression pretty summed up his thoughts.
Okay, it gets even better.....
Brook just read the blog and thought I bought a real tree.   He was a little upset, using superlatives, until he realized that it was the little rosemary tree on the table.  Well, the upstairs of the house smells nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment